Posted: January 11th, 2009 | Author: Breht Burri | Filed under: FileMaker, Joomla, Web Sites & Projects |
Domain Licensing Corporation recently launched (November 2008) a Joomla CMS based Domain Name Marketplace site called DNoploy.com. The DNopoly.com site was created as a place to direct prospective domain buyers to some of the domain names for sale by Domain Licensing Corporation and/or its clients and partners.
DNopoly.com | Domain Name Marketplace & Brokerage
Domain Licensing Corporation is trying to sell about 5% of its domain inventory per year to fund further development of its domain name portfolio. A database database driven site was needed to organize the thousands of pages of inventory and domain listings.
Joomla provided us with a quick out of the box Content Management start for the framework. However, the majority of the pages are Joomla wrapped pages driven by a custom MySQL database that categorizes and organizes the Domain Names. Rather than build a web based admin frontend for the MySQL backend we are using FileMaker Pro to administer the Domain Name content. FileMaker’s ability to link directly to the MySQL data saves development time on projects that have only a small number of admin users. A few filemaker seats are easily more economical than building a custom backend management tool. FileMaker’s out of the box MySQL connectivity allowed us to save significant development time, and give use future development flexibility by avoiding each front end change also causing additonal admin access programming.
Posted: January 5th, 2009 | Author: Breht Burri | Filed under: Great Stuff!, Podcasts |
Each week I listen to dozens of podcasts and I’ve been doing this for several years. Over the years that I have subscribed to, dropped and/or re-subscribed to hundreds of podcasts. Most of these are in the areas of Internet Marketing, SEO, Social Media, Affiliate Marketing, Domain Names, Politics and Film. From that list of podcasts a few fall into my “Anticipation List”.
“Anticipation List podcasts are the casts that cause you to open iTunes and click the podcast refresh button because you hope a new episode has been uploaded.” — Breht Burri
Here are the casts that meet this criteria for me in couple of different topic areas…
1. Filmspotting – Movies | Movie reviews, interviews and top 5 lists
with Adam Kempenaar and Matty Robinson. One of the best podcasts on the internet. Talented but self-deprecating hosts who are serious about film make this a great hour of cinema talk. | Weekly, sometimes more.
2. 10 Golden Rules – Internet Marketing | Published A few times a month
3. Academy Internet – Internet Marketing | Published Weekly most of the Time
4. Domain Masters – Domaining | A Podcast for professional Domainers from Webmaster Radio. | Weekly
5. Hugh Hewitt - Talk Radio | Conservative Los Angeles based, nationally syndicated, KRLA Talk Radio with less monaloguing and more dialoging. Hugh’s show features qualified experts, interesting regular contributors. (Subscribers Page). | 3 Hours Daily
6. Dennis Prager - Talk Radio | Conservative Los Angeles KRLA Talk Radio with less political talk than “normal” talk radio . A weekly mix of morality, theology, family, marriage, happiness and topical news. | 3 Hours Daily.
7. The Economist – World Events | A abridged audio version of the Economist magazine. | Weekly
8. TWIL “This Week In Law” – Law | Rountable type discussion of Legal topics | One a month, sometimes less.